Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm feeling Aubergine

In 2000, Eatons, a Macy's equivalent in Canada, decided to relaunch itself to have a more polished look. They put together an ad campaign that circled itself around the color "Aubergine," a version of purple. The ad campaign was very 1950s insipred and I loved it because it was clean, and beautiful and classy and all those things I want to be. 

I bought a dress for New Years. I would describe the color as Aubergine. It's really beautiful and I can't wait to wear it. These past few weeks I've felt out of shape. My face has broken out into multiple zits more than once. I've had a persistent pile of laundry on my floor. My split ends are out of control. I need the Aubergine in my life so bad. I need it to redefine what I said I wanted, and I want it to inspire me to keep that definition alive. Now more than ever do I need you, Aubergine: 




No comments: