Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Messy Blog About Romance

It's amazing that romantic moment pull. I don't think it's because I'm a woman, though the constant fairy tale reminders made in my direction probably helps a whole heck of a lot, but every once in a while I want romance. Not sex (that desire happens more than every once in a while, ahem,) but romance. Diamonds, and roses, and compliments oh my! Remind me of how blue my eyes are, and how happy your heart is to be filled with my love. Tell me you need me, and I'll tell you I need you too. Romance. Like those debeers commercials with the string insturments, or when Rhett Butler carries her up the stairs. Slow-dancing, hand-holding, eye-gazing, Romance. 

Now, you ask yourself, does romance exist? Yes. I can confirm this. I have a list of my top 5 most romantic moments. I can't list those off on this blog, they are just too personal, but I know that those moments have happened to me. Were those moments actually romantic, or have I built the memory of them in my head as having been romantic? I don't know. But really, I don't care, because the memories I've kept close have made me happy, no matter what the outcome of the overall relationship was. 

I'm only 28, but I have been lucky enough to have romantic moments  to fill a top five list (2 of those five have happened rather recently) and I have faith in Romance enough that my list will grow and grow and grow. It could be slowly, but it's growing. 

No comments: